Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend fun

We had another busy weekend in the Malcolm house. Saturday morning we headed to pick up Rachel and headed to her first bridal shower in Hampton at 1:00. It was a fun time, and another great shower thrown by my aunts!

Bride-to-be

Rachel and Meinder's aunts (I missed the Pecha aunt's photo)

Jaeley loved playing with Ava.

Ava loves her pink shoes!


Rachel, Ava and I left the shower and headed to Aredale to get set up for my mom's Surprise 50th birthday party. We had to frost about 60 cupcakes, and an additional 48 mini-cupcakes. Also, get the party set up and the food ready. I'd like to make note that even Josh helped frost cupcakes! First time for everything!

After setting up, we had just enough time to sneak back to my in-laws, change our clothes, and get back for the party to start at 7. Mom and Dad showed up at 7:30 and mom was extremely surprised. Before the party started, someone asked me if I thought my mom had any idea. I said I wasn't sure, but if she is really surprised she'll cry. And she did. Happy Birthday, again, Mom! Hope you had fun!

Mommy and Daddy out on the town!

Apparently, these are the gifts you need when you turn 50!

Happy 50th!

Dale and Verla

No comments:

Post a Comment