Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Daycare update

Daycare was going better, but the last few weeks we've definitely taken a turn for the worse again. Ava has been crying when I drop her off, and I've spent most days walking out of daycare with tears in my eyes and crying on the way to work myself. Ugh! I can't believe my baby is old enough to realize that I'll be leaving her for the day!

I think it started getting worse again a few weeks ago when I noticed that she got scratched a couple times one week. Ever since then, it seems that she is afraid of the other kids. She cries whenever one comes near her. Ironically, she doesn't mind Sophie (our dog) coming near her, or licking her for that matter. (See... all you people that said dogs and babies don't mix?!)

I went in Monday morning and tried to be strong and name off my complaints. Number one being, the girls that work in the afternoon don't ever seem to know what's going on. Whenever we come to pick up Ava and ask how her day was, the girls in the afternoon respond with "I don't know, I just got here." Ugh! I had a really great talk with Ava's teacher Miss Lisa and she made a couple suggestions, one being to bring in a photo album of pictures of us for Ava to look at. She also said that Ava is a sympathy crier, meaning every time another baby cries... so does she. I think she is having a hard time getting used to all the noise and hustle and bustle of the room. Also, she is only at daycare 2 1/2 days per week, it will most likely take her longer to adjust.

Monday afternoon I got a much better report from the afternoon girls. (They must have gotten talked to, and are now afraid of me... the crazy mom with all the requests!) Tuesday and Wednesday went MUCH, MUCH better for Ava. We got to daycare about 20 minutes early today so that I could play with her there before I left for work. She was busy playing on the floor with her cuddle blanket and photo album next to her when I left.

Please keep us in your prayers. I was so close to looking elsewhere, but after talking to them on Monday I feel much better and am going to give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment