Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fender Wedding

Our friends, Derek and Malisa got married in Maquoketa over the weekend. Darren and Derek have been best friends for nearly 18 years and met when Derek came to live in Hampton with his aunt and uncle. We decided that we wanted to be able to enjoy the wedding reception with our friends and of course my parents were dying for an overnighter with Ava.

We met my mom on Saturday morning to drop off Ava. I'm not going to lie, I was totally dreading it all week long. I kept making excuses in my head of why she NEEDED to come with us. I finally decided that once we dropped her off and I got there and started having fun it might not be so bad. I cried a few times in the morning thinking about it and then after we dropped her off. But we ended up having a great time even though we missed her terribly! It also helped that my mom gave me a play by play of the entire day, sending texts and picture messages almost hourly. Ha!

Sophie stayed with Tyson and Rachel. From what I hear, she was also on her best behavior. They love her as much as we do, so she is normally loved up and spoiled when she's with them as well.

Derek & Malisa

Mom & Dad all dressed up!

Mr. & Mrs. Fender

Best buds!

Having fun at the reception

No comments:

Post a Comment