Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No Binky? No problem!

I'd been saying for months that we need to get rid of Ava's binky soon. I wanted it gone by her 2nd birthday for sure. It seems like every morning and night she was becoming more and more attached to it by asking for it, "Baby" she'd say. Which meant I was becoming more and more attached to it. I dreaded the crying for it and having to say no. I did some reading about how other mom's took the binky away (including cutting the nipple or poking holes in it, sending them with the "Binky Fairy", or sending them to new babies). I didn't try any of these things, and apparently didn't have to.

I asked the girls at daycare if Ava was still taking a binky at nap time there, of course they said no and she hasn't for months. It was basically a cold turkey take away, and she hasn't even noticed or asked for it. We're going on day 4 now. Clearly, I was more attached to the thing than she was!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Ava and mommy!!! Maybe potty training will be this easy???

    ReplyDelete