Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I feel like I haven't posted in awhile.

We went boating on Sunday with my cousin Stacey and Nate and daughter, Taylor. We left Sunday morning for Coralville Lake. It looked like we were moving on the boat for a week with the cooler and bags of towels, extra clothes, and toys and books to keep Ava entertained. Turns out, I probably wouldn't have needed half of what I brought. She was content looking around at the "wa-wa". She took a quick nap on the boat and of course is as brown as can be now! We even got to get her on the tube and take her tubing! She loved it and was yelling "woah!" the whole time. When I asked her if she liked it, she says "YEAH!" She absolutely loved Taylor and even got to go swimming in the water for a little bit. Pictures to come.

I also wanted to write about a couple cute things Ava did yesterday. She found a bottle of sunscreen and was pretending to put it in her hand and rub it in my hair. (Which I will admit the tube looks a little like a hair product bottle) She continued to "fix" my hair for at least 10 minutes and keep saying "Pretty, Mommy" every couple of minutes. When she was finished she said "All Done!" and kissed me. What a little cutie! And let me tell you, my hair looked fabulous.

Ava has been really into playing pretend with her babies lately. In fact, this is something she's been doing since she was still in the infant room at daycare. Yesterday, she went to her room and grabbed all her diaper changing supplies (wipes, diaper cream, diapers, etc) and brought them and two babies out into the living room. She plopped herself up on the couch and proceeded to change and wipe her babies, while saying "poopy". Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment