Saturday, October 1, 2011

Omaha

I am so far behind in posting, I don't even know where to begin.

Labor Day weekend we spent in Omaha for the third year in a row. We love that city. We invited my family to join us this year. It made it extra fun, and I know Nana and Papa especially loved seeing Ava's reaction to all the zoo animals. After a pit stop in Grimes on Saturday to visit Darren's cousin Clint and Libby and their boys, we arrived in Omaha and went to get check into our hotel. We then decided to take a little stroll down in the Old Market. We took a boat ride and Ava got to feed some ducks. We also got some exciting news from the Burton's that night when they showed up wearing some extra special t-shirts with an extra special message. (Mommy & Daddy To-Be!) I screamed so much when I saw them that my throat hurt all weekend and I'm surprised I didn't knock them to the ground when I practically jumped into their arms!







Sunday we took in the Omaha Zoo. The weather was a bit chilly for Labor Day weekend, but the sun was out and as long as we weren't in the shade it was fine. The highlight of Ava's day was seeing monkeys and the coy fish. Unfortunately, she slept right through the aquarium. My favorite part was when one of the orangutangs tried to spit on my dad. So funny! Sunday night Darren wasn't feeling well, so he stayed back at the hotel while Ava and I enjoyed pizza and she did a little swimming in the hotel pool. We were all pretty exhausted from the long day of constant uphill walking at the zoo!





Monday morning we headed home, but stopped to visit my Grandma on the way. She was in the hospital in Des Moines during that time undergoing leg amputation. She is doing much, much better since the surgery.

1 comment: