Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pretend Crying?

I have recently discovered if I pretend to cry, Ava will drop everything and run to me to give me a big hug. This is such her lovey personality and what I love most about her. Ok, I have to admit I am aware this could and probably will blow up in my face. However, I have been having quite the time waking Ava up in the morning for day care. I offer countless things that she loves to get her out of bed, such as cuddling, milk, cartoons, going to school, seeing her friends, breakfast, etc. She still won't budge, in fact, she has mastered the art of pretending to be asleep when she's not. So this morning, I decided to try my pretend crying bit. "Crying", I said Ava, will you get up? "Ok!", she says. Keep in mind I had been trying to wake her up for at least 10 minutes prior to this.

Same thing happened this evening. She didn't want to get ready for bed and would run away from me when I tried to get her to change her diaper and put on her jammies. But when I pretended to cry, she said "Ok" and ran to me, hugged me, and laid down for her diaper and jammies.

No comments:

Post a Comment