Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Franklin County Fair

We were able to spend some time at the Franklin County Fair over the weekend. Ava, Rachel and I went on Friday for a couple of hours and walked around to see all the animals. Ava was a little interested, but also didn't want them to come too close either. She thought one calf in particular was hilarious because it got up to see her when we got close to it. She also love touching the bunnies through the cages.




Saturday evening I went to the Kellie Pickler concert with some of the women in my family. I had a little mishap with some of the greasy fair food (it spilled all over my lap within the first 5 minutes) but I was able to clean it up and it dried pretty fast in the heat. We were also able to get pretty close to the stage and take some pictures.



Sunday we went for a swim in the Lewis pool before nap time and then after nap headed over for rides at the fair. It was pretty hot, but Ava was having a blast. She loved the elephant ride that went high in the air and the carousel the best. I took her on the elephant ride the first time and she continued to yell "Woah" and "Yay!" the whole time. She is such a joy to be around. We also enjoyed a train ride around the fair, had some old fashioned homemade ice cream, and also a cream soda in the saloon.






No comments:

Post a Comment