Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dumont Sandbaggin' Day

We went back for Dumont Sandbaggin' Day over the weekend. Ava and I headed there on
Friday evening. Ava spent some time with Papa before going to bed and I was able to visit with my friend Wendy Miller. It was so good to see her. Saturday morning, Ava and I hit up a few garage sales and spent some time visiting with some family, including Grandma Meinders who is recovering from her balloon surgery she had done earlier in the week. Around noon, my dad took Ava for lunch and nap time while I worked in the beer garden and Tyson and Rachel participated in the bags tournament. I then went to spend some quality time in the Lewis pool and Ava joined me when she woke up from nap. I was trying my best to get a good tan that day, and well... it worked and I was slightly pink for the evening festivities.

After the parade we enjoyed dinner and then headed back to my parents to freshen up and enjoy some a/c for a little while. Darren took Ava over to his parents, as she was spending the night there. Later that night, we went back to town for the band Wild Card, street dance, and beer garden. Rachel, Lisa Lewis and I had volunteered to take tickets and money for a while. We participated in a lot of activities and were able to visit with a lot of friends and family, but my favorite part by far was Ava riding the smiley train after the parade. I thought she would be nervous or scared, but instead she was laughing and had the biggest smile on her face!




No comments:

Post a Comment