Monday, September 17, 2012

Two Months!

We had Ella's two month baby well check this morning, as well as her first immunizations.  It went as expected.  The doctor and nurse always say its much harder on mommy, but I swear if you heard her cry you wouldn't think so.  She had three shots and one immunization that comes in drink form.  She took the drink down like a champ.  She was looking at me while drinking it with this look on her face, like, hmmmm this is different.  She let out a big cry (with tears!) right when she was poked with the first shot and her cry got louder and louder with each shot.  (Remember, this is the baby the nurses in the hospital said they had never heard a baby cry so loudly!)  I fed her right after to calm her down, but she was still whimpering.  I'm glad I made the decision not to take Ava with me to Ella's appointment though, I'm pretty sure she would have been traumatized by the whole ordeal!  We spent the day snuggling.  Ella was pretty pooped out after shots and has been sleeping for a majority of the day.

The first thing nurse Lynette said at Ella's appointment was, "boy, Ella looks just like her sister!"  When Dr. Huwe came in the room she was looking Ella over and talking to her and said, "You are so beautiful, you should be on the cover of a magazine!"  I'd have to agree!

At two months, Ella weighs in at 13 lbs, 12 oz (93%) and 23" (73%), which is remarkably close to Ava's length and weight at the same age.  However, I noticed the percentiles have changed, so I'm guessing babies/kids have gotten bigger in the last three years.  Her head size was close to the 50th percentile.

At two months, Ella:

  • can smile in response to my smile.
  • can keep head steady when being held upright.
  • can lift head pretty well when on stomach, although she doesn't like tummy time.
  • follows Ava with her eyes with everything Ava does!
  • really pays attention to her mobile.  
  • has really started to enjoy bath time.  She loves getting her hair washed.

Ella is currently wearing size 1 diaper.  I've also moved her adjustable cloth diapers to one size bigger that what she was previously wearing.  Ella is wearing size 0-3 month or 3 month clothes.  

Ella's eyes seem to be changing from dark grey-blue in color, to blue.  Does one of us carry a blue gene and we're going to have a little blue-eyed princess?  Time will tell.  Out of curriosity, I did ask her pediatrician today when the eyes will normally change.  She said by 6 months of age they eye tone is set (blue, brown, green, etc) however, they can still get lighter or darker from there.  Which explains why my eyes have gotten lighter brown the older I've gotten.

Showing off her battle wounds.  Notice the bandaids.





1 comment:

  1. Funny that the percentiles have changed! I noticed that as I've been comparing Kai to Ava. They were the same length at 2 months but Ava was 96% and Kai 85%. I just assumed it was because I was comparing a boy to a girl. Hmm..interesting!

    ReplyDelete