Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The flu... boo!

We woke up Sunday to rain so it was the perfect day for snuggling and watching movies, which we spent most of the day doing.  Sunday afternoon Ava wasn't acting quite like herself.  She was very lethargic, her eyes look glazed over, she was a little whiny and she felt quite warm.  I got out the thermometer and sure enough... fever.  Oh no!  

After finally getting her to take some tylenol by holding her down and hearing her scream (seriously, this girl hates medicine!)  We snuggled up together in the recliner once again and before I knew it, Ava was vomiting... all over herself and me!  After she stopped we got her stripped down and in the bath tub and actually, she was doing much better and the temp had already come down.  She seemed much better when she went to bed that night, however around 4 am she woke up to go potty and started vomiting again.  Again, we got her cleaned up and sheets thrown in the laundry, gave her more tylenol and a drink and back to bed.  She slept Monday morning until 9 am.  

We spent Monday in our jammies and pushing the fluids.  She was doing a lot better, still a little glassy in the eyes and didn't want to eat.  I also spent Monday washing the bedding and Lysol-ing everything in sight.  I'm now praying that Ella and I don't get sick.  I can't imagine a 4 week old baby with the flu and I can't imagine having to take care of two little girls if I get it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment