Friday, August 10, 2012

Baptism

We had a busy weekend this past weekend. The festivities started on Friday when I went over to Rachel's house to help her clean for the weekend events that were taking place at her house. Saturday we spent the morning hanging out at home and then the girls and I ran over to Rachel's house to bring over some things for later that evening. We had Kai's dedication Saturday afternoon. At Tyson and Rachel's church rather than do infant baptism they choose to do a dedication where the parents make the commitment to having him brought up in the church and when Kai is older he can make that decision himself, and then will be baptized. After Kai's dedication we ate pizza together in the cafe at their church and then attended the Saturday evening service. Kai looked so handsome and was his normal, happy self. Ava and Ella looked so pretty in their dresses as well.
After the service we went back to Tyson and Rachel's house for drinks and snacks. Rachel and I also had to finish our cakes for the next day. Oh, the cake... Let's just say when I was about done frosting it and ready to decorate I dumped mine on Rachel's kitchen floor. I shed a few tears and was very upset. I'm so lucky to have Ava to lighten the mood and make me laugh, she saw the cake on the floor but then when we cleaned it up she said, "Where's the cake?" I showed it to her in the garbage and then she said, "But we need it for the party!" My dad and Darren told me to go to Hy-Vee and buy a cake, but that wasn't going to cut it. I made a homemade cake for Ava's baptism, darn it, and I was going to do it again! So at 10:00 pm I sent Darren and my mom to Hy-Vee for more ingredients. Thank goodness we don't live in a rural area and there are grocery stores open all night!
The next day was Ella's big day! She looked so beautiful, just like a little doll, in her white dress. The dress has become very special in my family, worn by me, Rachel, Ava and now Ella. I hope many, many more little girls will get the opportunity to wear this very special dress. As I learned on Sunday that it was purchased for me by my Grandma Meinders, its even more special now. After the baptism we headed to Rachel's house for the lunch and CAKE that we had prepared.

1 comment:

  1. I love how snuggly baby Kai looks in that first picture with you.

    ReplyDelete