Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Birthday Letter

Dear Ava,

Today is your birthday and I am feeling extremely emotional and reflective today. Over the past several days I've found myself saying, "this time last year I was..." Its so hard to believe that its already been a year since you were born. I remember all of the details and emotions like it was yesterday, yet at the same time I can't remember what life was like before you. You have brought more joy, smiles, and laughter and happy tears into our lives than we ever thought possible. You are an absolute dream come true, my little angel. I thank God everyday for giving you to me and your daddy. I often wonder how we got so lucky! You are absolutely perfect.

The best advice I ever got when I was pregnant and when you were first born was to "enjoy every minute, don't always be waiting for the next thing". So I have definitely done just that. I can honestly say that every stage has been my favorite stage. I loved cuddling with you and holding you for hours when you were first born. I even loved the middle of the night feedings, because it meant more time holding you. Its been so fun watching you learn and discover new things every day. I love the proud look on your face when you realize you can do something new for the first time. I love how you wake up in the best mood and the happy screams you always make. I love your contagious laughter. I love the excitement in your face when I pick you up from daycare or when Daddy gets home from work. I love to watch you read your books and cuddle your baby. I love how you are such a lovey little girl. I love your crazy hair and your chubby cheeks. Most of all, I love being your mommy. You make me want to be a better person. I love you. Happy First Birthday, Ava Nicole.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment