Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sick Baby

Well, its official. Ava has caught her first cold. And. it. sucks. It breaks my heart to hear her weezing and having such a hard time breathing. She is stuffed up and has now developed a cough. She just started running a very low-grade temp today (99.1) which is probably due to teething. She also has a little bit of diarhea every time she coughs. She was pretty miserable last night and we took turns sleeping on the couch while she slept in her swing with a humidifier 6 inches away. Today she seems to be in better spirits. Still smiling and playing. We have such a good baby. Darren stayed home from work today to take care of her. I was able to come home around 1:30, so we've been nursing our baby back to health. Let's hope this cold is short-lived.

On another note, daycare really isn't going any better. She had a good day last week, but again Monday she wouldn't take a bottle from them. Yesterday I didn't have to drop her off until 2:30 and Darren picked her up by 4:15. She pretty much napped the whole time she was there yesterday. I really want it to work out because even though I would LOVE to, I can't quit my job to stay home with her. Its especially hard for me because I feel like she shouldn't have to wait her turn. (I mean, she IS only 5 months old!) I feel like there are just too many babies to give them all the attention they need. Plus, I'm sure its an adjustment for Ava getting used to all the different sounds of babies constantly playing or crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment