Tuesday, March 2, 2010

First day of daycare

Ava had her first day of daycare yesterday. It was a very emotional morning, and I was trying to soak up every single second with her before dropping her off with practically complete strangers. I of course, was an emotional wreck. I started crying the minute I walked in the room with her. She was super happy when I left and smiling and cooing for her teachers. I called around noon to see how her day was going and they said she was doing great. She had taken a bottle around 10 and took a short nap. I felt relieved and tried not to worry the rest of the day.

Of course, I didn't get out of work on time, which made me frazzled and even more frazzled when I got there at 3:30 to find out she hadn't eaten since 10 (refused to take her bottle). And was very fussy all afternoon. I could tell by her breathing and wet eyelashes that she had bawled herself to sleep. Ugh! I picked her up and fed her myself and then we came home. When she finally woke up, she was back to her normal smiley self.

I'm hoping that she just needs to get used to the noise of the room and get adjusted. But another part of me thinks there are too many babies to be able to keep them all happy. Today is a short day for us, I won't drop her off until 2:30 and Darren will pick her up around 4:30 or 5. The true test will be again on Wednesday when she is there again all day.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we get adjusted!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. Kamden's first few days (and mine, too) were pretty rough. He would hardly eat, he wouldn't sleep AT ALL and I could tell he had cried alot too by how his face looked. After the first week or so it got so much better. He just needed to get used to a different place that was louder and brighter and just all together different from being home alone with me for 3 months!! And now, most days we walk into school and he runs for the toys and never looks back. I swear after a weekend that he'd rather be there than at home with us - his boring parents. At school there's tons of kids to play with and way cooler toys!! Every Monday at breakfast I ask him if he's ready to go to school and he nods and says "Yesh" :) So hang in there. It really will get better!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete