Monday, August 31, 2009

Exciting week!

Wednesday, 8/26 was our 3rd Anniversary. We was a pretty low-key evening, with especially cool weather for August. (Highs in the low 70's!) Although, being in my 8th month of pregnancy, I'm not complaining! These hot flashes just may be getting the best of me! Anyway, we both worked during the day and then went out for dinner and ice cream (my favorite!) after work. Then we headed home to relax and watch a movie. Below is a snapshot we took of ourselves before dinner on our anniversary.


We have been working on the finishing touches of the nursery. We still need to get some blinds on the windows and I'm searching for a rug as well. But other than that, it is definitely coming together.



33 weeks


The rest of the week moved pretty slow, as I was so excited for the events that were to take place on Sunday. First of all, Rachel and Tyson got engaged on Sunday morning! He had us all hide out at their house waiting for them to return from their morning bike ride. He popped the question when they got back and we were all there waiting to celebrate the great news with them. She said YES, by the way! No date has been set as of yet, but I'm putting my money on sometime in the next year.


Then Sunday afternoon, Rachel had to put the excitement of her engagement on hold for a little bit to host a baby shower for me. It was a great shower! Great food, great friends, great family, great gifts! I totally feel overwhelmed and speechless by the wonderful gifts we received. One things definitely for sure... this baby is LOVED!!!

Pecha girls at the shower

Me with the cute diaper cake Rachel made

Opening gifts

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! Gotta love those baby showers :) Your nursery is so awesome. I just love it!! I'm sure baby Malcolm will too!! You're looking great - isn't it surreal to think that you have 7 more weeks to grow?? Hope you're feeling good. I remember feeling so good until those last couple weeks when all the pains set in and I was SO ready to be done!!! My mom said that's just God's way of preparing you for labor because you'll do anything to not be pregnant anymore!! ha ha Hopefully the next 2 months go by fast. I'm anxious to see what you're having!!!!

    ReplyDelete