Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Independence Day Weekend

Friday Darren and I both had off work and we got the opportunity to test out our parenting skills on our friend Tessa and Eddie Johnson's 8 week old baby, Carter. We had him at our house for about six hours on Friday. He was a very good baby and we can't wait to babysit him again and have play dates with our little one! It was also nice to see how Sophie would react to a baby that little. She was amazing and I felt like a proud mommy! She licked his toes a few times, but was really more interested smelling his car seat than she was in him!

Saturday we slept in and had kind of a lazy day around the house. The weather wasn't the best here, so my plan of getting a tan wasn't an option. Bummer! We went to Mom and Dad Malcolm's in the afternoon to visit and then to Hampton for the fireworks at Beeds Lake after hitting up Tropical Snow! Its what I'm craving these days and neither Cedar Falls or Waterloo has one anymore! Sophie didn't like the fireworks very much and I was getting tired, so we left before they were finished.

Sunday we went to church and then out for lunch after. In the afternoon, my friend Erika went with me to Target to help me register for Baby Malcolm! It was lots of fun, but slightly overwhelming! I'm so glad I brought her! Darren worked in the yard on Sunday afternoon and I relaxed. Registering wore me out! I'm definitely starting to feel more tired these days, I can definitely tell I'm nearing the third trimester!

This morning I had another doctor appointment. They measured me and listened to baby's heartbeat (which was 134). Doctor says, "Baby is growing!" I go back in four weeks for another appointment and my blood glucose screening.

No comments:

Post a Comment