Monday, July 13, 2009

Life is a Bowl Full of Cherries

26 weeks and counting! The countdown is on! Only 14 more weeks until my due date! I am getting so excited. Not fully ready as far as diapers purchased or car seat bought, but definitely ready to be a mommy!


This weekend I attended the baby shower for my cousin Matt Barber's wife, Kim. There are 4 of us cousins expecting babies before Christmas! Matt and Kim are due in August. Darren and I in October. Andrew and Kathy in November, and Joe and Melissa in December. This reminds the grandma's-to-be of the time back in 1980/81 when there were 4 sister-in-laws pregnant at the same time (one of those babies being me). I wish I had a scanner to scan in the photo from back then.


Here I am getting some practice with my cousin Jade and Mindy's little boy, Tucker. Although, with his blonde hair and light blue eyes, I'm pretty certain he would NOT pass for mine and Darren's!


This weekend my cousin, Hannah, came for a visit. She is 13 so I tried to plan some fun activities for us to do together. We went to see "The Proposal" on Friday night. Saturday she painted some pottery and got a manicure while I worked for a few hours in the afternoon. Saturday night we made a delicious dinner of Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Sunday we attended church in the morning. We wanted to go to the aquatic center in the afternoon, but the weather didn't cooperate so her and I painted more pottery while Darren went to help some friends who had some major storm damage from the storm that passed through Waterloo/Cedar Falls on Thursday night. Sunday evening we went to the Waterhawks Ski Show. It was an event-filled weekend. Hannah likes to come spend a few days with us every summer, its fun to think that next year she'll be here helping with 9 month old baby!





Have I mentioned the cherry trees we have in our yard? Last year I was too nervous to try one. I don't know if I thought they would be poisonous or what, but didn't want to find. Anyway, a few weeks ago Darren talked me into trying one of the cherries and now I am hooked! I can't get enough! They are deliciously sour (which I have been craving during this pregnancy).


No comments:

Post a Comment