Sunday, June 28, 2009

What a weekend!

The weekend started off right. I got home from work Friday evening and sat on the deck for about an hour reading a book. I've been reading "My Sister's Keeper" and haven't really gotten into it just yet, but this weekend it must have started to get good because I can't put it down.

Saturday, Darren had to work, and I got up early and went to get a massage. After the massage, the Annual Sturgis Falls parade was about to start so I watched it for about 30 or 40 minutes with some friends. In the afternoon, Darren mowed the lawn and then we went down to the Sturgis Falls celebration that Cedar Falls has every year. We listened to the bands for a little bit and walked around the carnival. But if you know me well, you'll know what exactly I was going for... COTTON CANDY!

24 weeks down 16 weeks to go!


Sunday we went to church and then were meeting my family for a late lunch in the afternoon. We headed to Waverly to meet my parents and Rachel and Tyson at the OP 3, only to discover when we got there we were supposed to be meeting them at the OP on University in Cedar Falls! Anyway, we ended up making it to the restaurant shortly before the pizza arrived, so it all worked out well. Lesson learned: Next time, ASK which OP you are meeting at!!

After lunch, Mom and Dad Pecha came over to the Malcolm house to check on the progress of the nursery and to drop off some of the many garage sale finds that Grandma Verla has been purchasing since who-knows-when. I now am the proud owner of a jogger stroller and two huge totes of baby and toddler clothing. One thing's for sure: whether we have a boy or girl, Baby Malcolm is going to be very loved and VERY WELL DRESSED!

Going through the many baby items from Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment