Monday, June 15, 2009

It's a...

That's the question of the week that's for sure! We had our 22 week ultrasound last week and everyone is dying to know if we're having a boy or girl! We have decided not to find out the sex of little Baby Malcolm! We're going to keep the suspense building until the birth day!

We spent almost 2 hours at the doctor's office, partially due to my doctor's in depth ultrasound and partially due to an uncooperative baby. Baby Malcolm "posed" perfectly for the 3-D photos, just like his or her mommy would. :o) But when it came to the doctor checking the 45 different things he checks in the heart, Baby didn't want anything to do with it. So I had to keep moving around to help the doctor get the best angle to see all he needed to see. Everything looks perfect! And we are right on track with our due date of Oct 17!

Before leaving the office, the nurse handed us an envelope with a big "?" written on the front. Inside the envelope is the ultrasound photo that reveals the sex of Baby M. It's funny because Darren spent the first few weeks of pregnancy talking me into keeping the gender a surprise and now that I agree I think he's starting to change his mind. I am trusting NO ONE but myself with the sealed envelope. It is currently hiding somewhere in the Malcolm household! My lips are sealed!!! However, I have "tested" Darren a few times, asking him if he wants to open it and he always says, "No, I think we should wait." So... we're waiting... for now.


Family photo with Sophie at 22 weeks


22 weeks in almost finished nursery

No comments:

Post a Comment