Sunday, September 8, 2013

Ella is ONE!

Where did the year go?  It seems like just yesterday I was complaining about the heat and my baby that I thought would never arrive.  (Remember, she was born on her due date but I felt two weeks overdue!)  Time needs to start slowing down.  I am not ready for my babies to grow up just yet.

We had an eventful, hot day for Ella's birthday.  I had taken the day off and decided we needed a fun activity to do in the morning so due to the heat we decided on the Splash Pad.  It was not a hit.  There were too many other kids there (which always makes Ava timid) and Kai and Ella didn't like getting splashed.  We lasted there MAYBE 20 minutes and decided our blow up pool on our deck was a much better plan.  The kids loved that and we all worked on our tans.  

While the girls napped my mom helped me finish up some things for Ella's party that evening.  The cake didn't look as pretty as I had hoped because it was melting in the heat.  But at least it tasted amazing and even more importantly, Ella loved it.  She would have eaten her entire smash cake if I had let her and actually cried when I took it away from her!  

At one year, Ella weighs 25 lbs, 1 oz (95%) and is 30 1/4 inches (85%).  She has two bottom teeth.

Ella's favorite things are: her tiny little board books, sitting in the little pink chair, picking on Sophie, her binky, Bubble Guppies, music, dancing, water, and playing outside.  She is mommy's girl and is such a brave little one.  She isn't afraid of anything and loves to explore!











No comments:

Post a Comment