Thursday, August 8, 2013

Vacations are fun!

I have been slacking lately in the blogging department.  But I couldn't go without making mention of two very fun vacations that we have taken this summer!

First, back in June the girls and I traveled through the night to Branson with my mom for a Meinders Family Gathering.  The girls traveled great.  My mom and I took turns driving through the night and arrived on my aunt LaDonna's door step shortly before 7:00 am.  The whole way I had planned to nap once we arrived, but once we got there we decided who needs sleep?  And we went to Silver Dollar City instead! Ava loved the rides (big kid ones) more than I could have ever expected and Ella was content people watching.

We spent the weekend staying up late, sleeping in (the girls BOTH slept until 10:30 the day after Silver Dollar City!), boating, swimming, and catching up with family.  I was so proud of Ava.  She is normally pretty timid and stays close to me, but she really came out of her shell that weekend and was having so much fun running around with my cousin's kids!









Just a couple of weeks later, over July 4th we headed north... way north to Sleepy Hollow Resort.  My aunt and uncle bought this property just a couple of years ago and I hadn't been up there yet.  It was the perfect getaway.  We did nothing but fun in the sun and relaxing.  They have so many activities to do there that it is the perfect vacation spot for families.






On the way home, we spent the night in Minneapolis and hit up the Como Zoo.  We took Ava to this zoo last year and she loved it and wanted to introduce it to Ella.  She, of course, is a little young to enjoy all these fun activities but she is usually content just being a part of it.  She likes to be where the action is!





No comments:

Post a Comment