Wednesday, November 28, 2012

We are thankful!

I've been participating in the days of Thanksgiving posts on Facebook.  Its nice to think about something everyday that I am thankful for.  We've also been talking to Ava about what she is thankful for.  Thanksgiving morning she declared, "I am thankful for my daddy and my dog."  It was pretty funny, and then she continued to list every person in our family she could think of.  Ella was also at the top of the list.  She sure loves her sister.

We spent Thanksgiving day at my parents house with my parents, Tyson, Rachel and Kai, Josh, Petersen's, and several of my brother-in-law's friends that were visiting from Reno and Denver.  We had a great day enjoying each other's company, playing games, holding babies, and eating way too much!  We celebrated with Darren's family on Sunday at Wes and Cindy's house.

Ava's cute artwork showing what she is thankful for.  Melt.


Monday when I dropped off Ava at school I checked her folder (where they put things for her to take home).  There was some art work in there from the week previous.  Obviously they've been talking about being thankful at school as well.  Her artwork was priceless and I got a bit teary-eyed when I read it.  It listed things Ava said she was thankful for.  They were:  I am thankful for my family.  I am thankful for my dog.  I am thankful for my garden.  I am thankful for the cupcake store.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love that she's thankful for the cupcake store!! Bahaha!!

    ReplyDelete