Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween Happenings!

We have made it a fun yearly tradition to visit a pumpkin farm to pick out our pumpkins before Halloween.  We found one last year just north of Waverly that we love.  There is lots to do there and the prices aren't too bad.  Ava has had so much fun the past couple of years there.  We went a couple weeks before Halloween with the Burton's and my mom.  (My dad happened to be visiting family in Oklahoma, so he missed out.)

Family of four.  


Love her!

Cutie

Ava wasn't into taking pictures.  Then Kai pulled her hair.
This is as good as it gets with 3 grandkids age 3 and under I guess. :o)  

Love my nephew!  

Bat girl!  She was unsure of these cut-outs at first, but
eventually got the hang of it!  What a cutie!

Had a jumping in the leaves party!

Even Ella joined in.

Helping Daddy rake.



Making witches hats with Mommy!



Ava had several opportunities to dress up this year and luckily I didn't have to even buy a single costume for her!  She loves to play dress up so between myself and my mom she's gotten quite a few outfits over the past year and I knew they would be perfect.  The Saturday before Halloween we went to Hampton for their Main Street Trick or Treating.  She didn't really want to go (staying at Nana and Papa's playing tea party sounded way more fun).  I pretty much had to make her put her costume on, but once she saw what it was all about she was really excited and had so much fun.  She was a clown, a very cute clown.  Of course, she was afraid of some of the other kids in costumes and Rachel and I had to take turns carrying her.  Whew... carrying a 40 pound 3 year old gets heavy!

On Monday, she got to wear a costume to dance.  I let her pick her costume and she picked out an old sparkly dance recital costume that we got from someone.  She said she was a princess ballerina and wanted to take a magic wand.  She looked so cute.

On Wednesday, she picked a princess dress (again with a magic wand) to wear to school and I brought along her clown costume to put on her after school for Trick or Treating.  When I picked her up though, she had other plans.  She told me she wanted to wear her princess costume again.  That girl loves to be a princess.  I'd have to say, its very fitting for her personality!  We met Burton's and their little lion downtown Cedar Falls for T or T on Main Street.  Afterwards, we met Darren for a quick dinner and then to our friends the Mattson's.  When we got home Darren came inside with Ella and I took Ava to a few houses in our neighborhood.  She had a blast and by the second or third house had gotten the hang of it and kept wanting to go to more houses!

Ella only got in costume that one time.  She was a baby chick, and the cutest darn baby chick you ever did see!








1 comment:

  1. Ella and Kai look like they are plotting something with their hands up by their mouths!

    ReplyDelete