Friday, December 30, 2011

Pecha Christmas

My side's family Christmas this year was a little different. With us wanting to start our own traditions and I'm sure Rachel and Tyson will want to in the next year or so as well, we are left trying to decide when the best time to celebrate is. Plus throw in the weird work schedules of several of us and we ended up with no real set time on our celebration, but rather a "lets all get together and wait for Tyson to get off work party." It worked.

We woke up Christmas Eve morning and Darren wasn't feeling well, I couldn't decide if he had the stomach flu or if it was food poisoning. I didn't want to take my chances, so I quarantined him to another room while Ava and I got ready and then Ava and I headed over to the Burton's as fast as possible.

My mom was already over there and had started preparing our meal. It was just us girls until around 2 or so, when Josh and my dad arrived (aka Santa) with all the gifts. Seriously, the gifts. We decided to let Ava open a few right away because clearly her pile would take anyone several hours to open, and lets face it, we didn't want to be still opening her gifts at midnight. She was much more into the presents this time around, and I was so excited for that! She had so much enthusiasm, like "WOW" or "That's mine!" My favorite part of the whole day though, was probably when my parents opened the gift Ava had made for them and in her proud little voice says, "I made it!" So cute.

Tyson arrived and we continued to open more gifts. Took a break at 5 for church, came back home, more gifts, ate dinner, and more gifts. Good grief... did I mention the gifts?

Unfortunately, with Darren being sick we didn't get a single family Christmas picture this year. Bummer. And I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked either.


1 comment: