Friday, December 30, 2011

Malcolm Christmas




We spent the Sunday before Christmas with the Malcolm's to celebrate Christmas this year. I have to say I am thankful for a mother-in-law that is flexible on the date as opposed to always wanting it right on Christmas Day. It allows us to have a more relaxed holiday celebration and more time with each family, rather than being rushed from one place to the next. It is also important to us to start our own traditions with Ava and I really want her to continue to wake up in her own home Christmas morning. I remember that being so magical as a kid and I want that same experience for her.

We arrived and Ava was excited, as usual, to play with the toys at Grammy's house. She was able to play for a little while before dinner was ready to be served. After dinner, we opened presents. I will admit, I was slightly disappointed in Ava's reaction. She was more interested in playing with the toys at Grammy's than the opening of any gifts so I had to open hers for her. However, once she opened the princess castle, she was hooked on that. She kept saying "a castle!" in such an excited tone.

We spent the rest of the afternoon playing games and visiting (and eating too many snacks). It was a great day. Ava was disappointed to leave. I always look forward to this time of year and am always sad to see it pass by so quickly as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment