Tuesday, February 22, 2011

30th birthday fun!

I'm a bit behind in my blogging. Last Saturday (Feb 12) we went with friends to eat at the Brown Bottle to celebrate my 30th birthday. Even Ava joined us and was so good and showing off her new walking skills for everyone. After dinner my parents took her back to our house and a few of us headed to the local bar, Toads for a few drinks. The guys ended up playing pool most of the night and the girls played cards. It was a fun night with friends.

Sunday we were able to sleep in, thanks to Nana and Papa here to take care of Ava. The rest of the day was spent relaxing and playing at home.

Monday was the big day. The BIG 3-0! Everyone keeps asking me how I feel about turning 30, and honestly I don't feel anything different from any other birthday. I am very thankful for the things I have been blessed with in my life. I thought by 30 I'd be married, own a home, have a job I love, and have at least one child. I have all of those things, so I can't complain. Ask me again next year, 31 may be a different story.

My birthday was spent at work. I was off at 3 so then I picked Ava up at day care. We had Kindermusik and dinner out at Applebee's that night and then home to enjoy some wine and The Bachelor after Ava went to bed. Darren and I played some cards and enjoyed a little date night at home after Ava was asleep. Quite a difference from birthdays in the past and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Opening Valentine's gifts


No comments:

Post a Comment