Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Congrats Mr. & Mrs. Burton!

Friday, July 23 my sister and Tyson got married. What a fun day! It was raining in the morning, and sprinkled a little as we were heading to Waverly to take pictures, but the sky cleared and it ended up being a gorgeous day for the outdoor ceremony at Centennial Oaks Golf Club in Waverly. The sad part, is that you never seem to get enough pictures when you are part of the wedding day. Darren was in charge of Ava, so he didn't get many either. I'm so excited to see the professional pictures!

Ava rode in a wagon and was pulled down the aisle by the ringer bearer, Braydon Foster. They both did such a good job! I had my cousins Kendra and Hannah stand in the back with them and instruct Braydon when to go and remind him to walk slow! He walked slow alright! It was great... everyone got a good look at the two of them!

I had a brief moment of panic when I got to the alter. Mike, the friend of theirs presiding over the ceremony handed me the ring box. I opened it to double check for the ring, and AHHH!!! No Ring! I was panicking, trying to catch the eye of one of the groomsmen to make sure he had it. He ended up having it, but I didn't know that until it was time for the rings!

I was also extremely nervous for my speech at the reception. I text Darren during dinner "I'm having a hard time eating because I'm so nervous." His response? "SUCK IT UP!" Gee... thanks DJ! The speech went great. I even asked Darren "on a scale of 1 to 10, how good was it?" TEN! Smart man! Hehe!

Congrats, again Tyson and Rachel! And Tyson, welcome to the family! I know more than anyone that my sister can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but I love her... so you'd better take darn good care of her!







1 comment: