Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Fun!

We had a GREAT weekend! I get a 3 day weekend every other week, however normally Darren works half a day on Saturday so the only full day we have all together is normally Sundays. Between trying to make it to church and visiting family, we don't get a lot of time just the three of us (four including Sophie).

Saturday, Darren spent the morning working on tearing out the carpet in our sun porch. The plan is to put laminate down. I ran some errands while Ava napped. Then we went to my cousin, Alicia Pecha's, graduation reception in the evening.

Sunday morning Ava and I volunteered in the church nursery. It was our first time. There is a huge need for volunteers, and since that is an area that fits me well I decided to give it a try. I also thought since I'm told Ava is afraid of the other kids at daycare, that maybe having me there while interacting with them would help her. We both had fun. She only cried once when a little boy got too close for comfort.

Sunday evening we had a few friends over for a BBQ and campfire. I even cooked sweet potatoes on the grill and pureed them for Ava. She loved it! Sophie was even worn out from the guys throwing the football around in the yard. She would run back and forth trying to catch the ball.

Monday we went on a bike ride with our friends Tessa and Eddie, and their 13 month old little boy, Carter. Ava cried a few times in the bike trailer, so we'll have to keep trying it to get her used to it. After the bike ride, we had lunch with them and got the pool out for Carter and Ava. Ava had so much fun! (Except for when he touched her, then she cried.) She was one tired little girl from our busy weekend! Nana and Papa stopped by on their way back from their bike trip in Springfield, IL. They missed Ava a lot!

We had such a great weekend and then it was followed by two great days at daycare!!! (She was only there 2 days this week.) Yay, Ava!

Ask him how long it took for his Blackberry to stop working after this.

Bike ride!

Learning to share toys with Carter.

Swimming with Carter

He got a little too close for comfort.

Papa and Ava on his bike.

Nana's turn

This is fun!

Memorial Day

Red, White, and Blue

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic LONG weekend!! Love that she & Carter are already learning how to play together...future prom date in the making?! ;) THANK YOU sooooo much for helping in the nursery on Sunday! I bet it is good for Ava to see you with both her & other babes...I am glad it was a good fit & it is a fun way to meet other kiddos parents, too. I am sad I didn't get to see you guys, though!
    Hope you are having a good week...yeah for FRIDAY today!
    Hugs-
    Steph ;)

    ReplyDelete