Wednesday, October 21, 2009

2 week checkup

Ava had her two week checkup yesterday with Dr. Huwe. At last week's appointment, she was back to her birth weight. And now she has by far surpassed it. She is now 8 lbs, 9 oz and 21 1/4 inches. What a good little eater! Although, I wish she could stay peanut sized for a little while longer. It kind of makes me sad that 2 weeks has already passed! I feel like life is in fast forward and I want to yell, "SLOW DOWN!"

At the advise of the doctor, I received an H1N1 flu vaccine while I was there and Darren is heading there today to get one as well. We were also advised to not take Ava to any sort of public place such as Wal-Mart, church, basically anywhere that someone may be sick... which could be anywhere. So, Ava and Mommy are officially confined to the house until further notice.

We had our first "rough" night last night. Ava wanted to eat every hour on the hour. They said she would go through a growth spurt around 3 weeks and would probably want to eat more, so I'm just assuming she's hitting that a little bit early. Needless to say, Mommy needs a nap today!

No comments:

Post a Comment