Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dance Recital

I am so proud of Ava.  When I mentioned to Darren last summer that I wanted to sign Ava up for dance, he discouraged it.  He said she was too young and there was no way she would get on stage for the recital.  I said I didn't care about that and if she didn't want to do recital that was fine.  She is the girliest of girls, so I thought it would be something that she would enjoy.  And that she did.  Every week, she looked forward to going and never did she once throw a fit when it was time to go.  She always looked forward to it and even though she can be painfully shy at times, she made some little friends.

Saturday night at her dance recital, she really proved  Darren wrong.  She got up there on stage, like she had done it a thousand times.  She saw us in the second row almost immediately, and gave us a huge grin and did her dance with her class.  Proud mama here!

Afterwards, I asked her if she was nervous before she went on stage.  She replied a quick, "No."  Then I asked her what she thought about all those people in the audience, and she said, "um.... I really didn't think about it."  She's awesome.













No comments:

Post a Comment