Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Date

Seven years ago today Darren and I had our first date. In honor of the day, I will share the story of how we met and our first date.

Our mutual friend, Wendy (Knoll) Miller kept telling me she wanted to set me up with Darren. I knew nothing about him, other than the fact that Wendy said he was cute. Finally, I got sick of her talking about it all the time that I agreed just so she wouldn't talk about it again. Right then and there, she dialed his number. I couldn't believe it! She talked me up a bit and said she wanted to set him up... he agreed (I found out later he always had friends trying to set him up, so it wasn't a big deal to him!)

Darren called me a few days later and we made plans for Sunday, August 10 for our first date. He picked me up in the afternoon and we went for a late lunch at Pepper's in Cedar Falls. After lunch we played a couple rounds of pool (I won!) and then headed to his house to go on a motorcycle ride.

After the date, I called my mom and told her I met my future husband!

Thanks, Wendy! Did you ever think you had such good match making skills?

No comments:

Post a Comment